by Karen Jones, Black Love and Marriage.com
Any woman who’s actively dating will at some point deal with a man who is pulling away. If you notice that a previously attentive man is showing signs of fleeing, one of these things is likely going on:
1. He’s just not ready. You may have been communicating effectively that you’re playing for keeps (and if so, great job!) but this has him exiting stage left because he is not ready for the commitment.
2. He is scared to take the next step. One of men’s primary fears is the loss of freedom. He may be evaluating whether or not what he will gain by having you in his life is worth the inevitable loss of his sexual freedom, financial freedom or time.
3. He’s experiencing “man time.” When a man gets involved in anything that consumes his attention (work, sports, hobbies, to name a few), he loses track of time. When he finally realizes how much time has passed, he may be too afraid to call you and risk having to face how pissed off you may be.
4. He thinks you’ve changed. You’re not being the same gal he started with. Instead of being easy-going, fun and clearly appreciating who he is maybe he’s getting a taste of another side of you; someone who is hard to please, insecure, needy or just not fun anymore.
5. You’re not the one for him (or he’s not the one for you). You may feel disappointed by this realization at first but in the end it’s for your benefit. If this is the case sooner or later that the relationship is going to end.
June 17, 2013 //
A young man explains why he's happily keeping it in his pants until further notice The last t...
June 17, 2013 //
by Nathan Hale Williams, Essence We have all heard some version of the Chinese proverb, that goes...