NEARLY $1 MILLION CONTRIBUTION OF BRIGGS & STRATTON STORM GENERATORS AND PRESSURE WASHERS HELP AMERICAN RED CROSS ‘GET AHEAD OF THE STORM’May 29, 2012 // 0 Comments
As 2012 hurricane season begins, more than 180 American Red Cross Chapters receive power equipment to aid in disaster-relief efforts in areas prone to severe weather
Milwaukee, Wis. Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) and the American Red Cross today announced that Briggs & Stratton will deliver nearly $1 million of donated generators and pressure washers to 183 American Red Cross chapters nationwide, allowing areas prone to hurricanes, tornadoes and other severe weather to be ready for recovery efforts before disasters hit.
“Briggs & Stratton’s donation of generators and pressure washers will help our chapters all over the country prepare for and respond to disasters by providing tools our teams can use to be ready to deliver critical services,” said Jerry DeFrancisco, president, humanitarian services of the American Red Cross. “The key to disaster relief is rapid deployment of assistance, and Briggs & Stratton’s generous contribution will help us meet immediate electricity needs after power outages and greatly enhance and quicken clean-up efforts Briggs & Stratton has been providing durable, reliable products for over 100 years and we are grateful for this.”
The Briggs & Stratton contribution includes nearly 850 5500W Storm Responder Generators and more than 480 pressure washers. The equipment is already arriving at Red Cross chapters in Alabama , Florida , Georgia , Louisiana , Texas , South Carolina , Virginia and San Juan , Puerto Rico . An additional fall shipment will go to chapters in New York , Pennsylvania , Maryland , Delaware , Massachusetts , New Jersey , New Hampshire and more.
“We are proud to join with the American Red Cross and its incredible team of 650,000 volunteers to provide them with this outdoor power equipment that will be quickly accessible to help people in the event of severe weather,” said Todd Teske, Chairman, President & CEO of Briggs & Stratton Corporation. “We have a history of teaming with the American Red Cross through volunteer efforts and contributions and we are proud to expand upon that relationship with this effort. Today’s announcement builds upon our commitment to our communities and helps ensure our equipment will be there well in advance of severe weather. Briggs & Stratton and the American Red Cross are joining together to get ahead of the storm.”
The equipment contribution was announced in Milwaukee , Wis. , home of Briggs & Stratton and the American Red Cross in Southeastern Wisconsin, one of the chapter recipients. The partnership is part of the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program. More information can be found at briggsandstratton.com and via Facebook and Twitter.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee , Wisconsin , is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America’s number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of standby generators, along with lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Murray® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Photos and video also available at email@example.com or 414-276-6237
Briggs & Stratton Contribution to the American Red Cross
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation is contributing more than 1,300 storm generators and pressure washers to American Red Cross chapters nationwide to help get ahead of the storm and three days before the start of the Atlantic hurricane season on June 1st
- Nearly $1 million in Briggs & Stratton power equipment including:
- Chapter recipients in geographic locations prone to hurricanes, tornadoes, high winds, flooding, snow and ice storms and other severe weather
Areas receiving equipment:
- 183 American Red Cross Chapters nationwide including San Juan , Puerto Rico
- Recipients include chapters in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico
- Manufactured at Briggs & Stratton’s McDonough, Ga. and Auburn , Ala. facilities
- 5500W Storm Responder Generators
- Rugged, portable units with non-flattening wheels powered by fuel-efficient Briggs & Stratton 1450 Series™ OHV engines. Power Surge™ alternators produce up to 50% surge wattage for back-up power needs during storms.
- Possible disaster response uses include: Meeting critical electrical needs at various Red Cross response centers and in mobile response areas with power for lighting, appliances, medical equipment, communication technology and more
- Pressure Washers
- Dependable units produce 75 times normal garden hose pressure
- Possible disaster response uses include: Provide high-powered pressure washing on cots, tents, facilities, floors, response vehicles, including removing mold, mildew, dirt and grime.
- 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season begins June 1 and ends on November 30. The Eastern Pacific hurricane season began May 15 and also ends on November 30. For more information on the hurricane seasons visit the National Weather Service’s National Hurricane Center website at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Briggs & Stratton:
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee , Wisconsin , is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America’s number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of standby generators, along with lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Murray® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. Please visit www.briggsandstratton.com.
American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies more than 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org.
November 22, 2013 //
This “Bears fan” gets his blood-pressure checked during the recently held Affordable Care Act enroll...
November 21, 2013 //
PHOTO AND QUESTION BY YVONNE KEMP Rev. Louis E. Sibley, III (Pastor of Mt. Zion MBC): “The church...