Supporting Academic Excellence
All applicants under review should meet/provide the following:
1. Write a 500 word essay with the theme -- "It Takes A Whole Village"
2. Currently maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better (provide transcript to substantiate)
3. At least three letters of references from either of the following:
. . . Your Principal/Instructor
. . . Guidance Counselor
. . . Church Pastor/Reverend
. . . Heads of any organization to which you are affiliated
. . . (References from family members are unacceptable)
4. A letter indicating your reason(s) why you should be awarded the scholarship.
5. A passport size photograph and your biography.
6. Indicate all extra curricular activities
Complete the application form below, then forward the above documents by July 1, 2012 to:
Dr. Terence N. Thomas Memorial
c/o Milwaukee Community Journal
3612 N. Martin Luther King Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53212