A fennec fox pewter ornament, sponsorship of a baby camel – these and other gifts help support animals. The Zoological Society of Milwaukee offers several holiday gifts for animal lovers, including a year-round Zoo Pass. Here’s a list. To purchase, see www.zoosociety.org, call (414) 258-2333 or stop in the Zoological Society’s office at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Gift proceeds go toward the Zoological Society’s mission to conserve animals, educate people about wildlife and support the Zoo.
1) Gift sponsorship of Addi Jean (A.J.), the Zoo’s baby Bactrian camel. A sponsorship gift for $30 includes a plush-toy baby Bactrian camel, a certificate of sponsorship, a Bactrian camel fact sheet, an invitation to a behind-the-scenes event for animal sponsors in August and more (shipping is $5).
2) A fennec fox mom and her two kits are this year’s pewter holiday ornament. Designed by Cedarburg artist Andy Schumann, this ornament is one of a series that he has created over 18 years for the Zoological Society. Fennec foxes are small, but their big ears make them adorable. You can purchase the fox ornament or past individual ornaments for $14 each, or the whole collection of 21 ornaments for $252 and save $42.
3) Zoological Society gift certificates allow the receivers to pick their own gifts.
Choose any dollar amount for your certificate, and apply it to Zoological Society 2013 events such as Wines & Beers of the World (Feb. 7), Beastly Bowl-a-Thon (Feb. 2), the Zootastic family evening (April 26), the August Zoo campout, and more.
You also can get certificates for a Zoological Society education class or summer camp for children ages 2-14.
4) Do you know a child who loves animals? If so, give the budding conservationist a membership in the Zoological Society’s Kids Conservation Club.
Membership is $20 per child and includes endangered-animal collector cards, an invitation to a behind-the-scenes event for animal sponsors at the Zoo, hands-on workshops for kids and parents, and more.
5) A Zoo Pass membership gives recipients free admission to the Milwaukee County Zoo 365 days a year. You can even include parking with the Zoo Pass Plus. Members receive great perks, including free or discounted admission to more than 150 zoos and aquariums nationwide and much more. Family memberships start at $71 (a variety of membership levels is available).
The Zoological Society will begin mailing gifts after the Thanksgiving holiday, unless otherwise requested. To guarantee holiday delivery via the mail, the Society needs to receive orders by Dec. 17, 2012. Express mail delivery is available after Dec. 17 for a fee; call (414) 258-2333 for details.
March 30, 2013 //
Nazaria Hooks, 3, of Milwaukee, inspects a mounted otter up close during the Milwaukee County Zo...
March 18, 2013 //
Exhibit at Milwaukee High School of the Arts Runs Through March 22 Two Mount Mary art profess...